Lyrics To Live By!

Oh the smallest thing can all the difference, Love is alive, Don't listen to them when they say, You're just a fool, Just a fool, You believe you can change the world.
Change, Carrie Underwood

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Kenny Chesney Won't Be "Living In Fast Forward" Much Longer

Kenny's Slowing It Down!

It seems Kenny Chesney has been thinking a lot about one of the lines from his song "Don't Blink".

"So I've been tryin' ta slow it down,I've been tryin' ta take it in, In this here today, gone tomorrow world we're livin' in"

Kenny Chesney has announced that he will not be touring in the summer of 2010. His Indianapolis on Saturday will be the last big stadium show this year.

Chesney told Entertainment Weekly, “I’m not quitting!” Chesney told EW. “It’s just a short pause. The last couple of years I’ve been on an empty tank. And that’s gotta change.”

Chesney is the biggest ticket seller this decade, since 2004 he has been selling out stadiums annually. Every summer has included a huge production of a tour, which includes multiple acts, almost to the extent of every show being its own country fair. For dedicated followers who have come year after year it has become tradition, to partake in the tailgating, drinking making a whole day of the event, something to look forward to all year!

When ask do you see a band or an artist that could pick up your torch next summer? Who can step up? His response, "I do think that anybody who hasn’t gone to see Keith Urban is missing it. That’s my opinion."

"We'll be back. We're not going away forever. But to make it what I think it can be for the next chapter of my life, those parking lots have got to be empty, at least for my show, for one year," he says. "I just think I owe it to myself, I owe it to the fans, for our show to be the best it can possibly be. And sometimes that means getting away from it."
says Chesney.

Well this news comes shortly after the announcement of the CMA Awards nominations which included one for Chesney to take home his fifth Entertainer of the Year award. Well this will open the door for other artist who'll being having big 2010 tours at next years awards show, especially for the big one!

Read the whole interview here; ew.com

What is Kenny giving up next year, what will Kenny fans be missing? Something like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment